Saturday 1 May 2010

kenetic Type

Sway.
I was pleased with my animation of Sway, I chose a good typeface, which I thought about for a while because i wanted the 'Y's tail to be straight so it can give the illusion of it balancing the rest of the letters. The kerning wasn't equal on all of the letters, the 'W' was much closer to the 'A' than the 'S' was the the 'W', but it was meant to be like that, and makes it look real, I don't think its noticeable.

The animation its self showed off some of the Animation Principles we looked at which gave the action believability. Also the sound made it soooo much better, the animation made it believable, but the sound brought it to life. Only real problem I have with it is the 'S' moves and jumps around quite a lot whilst its.....well, swaying. Also it ends quite abruptly due to time (took a while to make, mainly because I'd never used After Effects), but I might have pulled that bit off!






Chuck.
Maya scared me, now I've used it, i like it (don't know if it likes me though) and i came out with a alright animation from it. I though I made good use of this extra element, it helped the whole feel of the animation much nicer and made the animation principals stand out much more.

The sound on this one was....well............not as good as 'Sway' and not as good as my short film.......and not as good as Nightmare Before Christmas (but I'll never be able to beat Nightmare Before Christmas, Never!) I wouldn't say the sound let it down, it still made the whole animation better and made the weight of the box believable, but the sounds at the start come in too quickly and isn't really the right sound, but the end sound is perfect, well not perfect but pretty good.






Looking Back

Me, Jack, Will and Adam did a Kinetic Type exercise on are last coarse (called Expressive Type0 and its really good watching it back and seeing what i didn't know and how much making your own sounds and thinking of the Principals make such a difference to the animation.
I did the word 'Unbalanced', i still like it, i think the idea was pretty cool (having it balanced, and seeing the 'UN' fall, so we know what will happen but its just a matter of time), but the sounds are not so good, and it looking back, it would have been nice to think about what the sounds could be rather than just typing in 'Airplane landing noise' into sound dogs!

No comments:

Post a Comment