Saturday, 19 March 2011

Ident | 10 | bird bird bird, bird is the word

The idea of pitching to a smaller group has worked out quite well. After pitching my idea to David Bagulay and Ashleigh Butterworth, I got the idea given to me to introduce a bird to the ident.
Dave n' Ashleigh were saying that the start of my ident needs somthing else...look for your self...

This is the animatic I showed Ashleigh and Dave.
video
they were right...the start is boring and you don't have much to look at and the introduction of a bird would fit in perfectly.


The idea is that the first half of the ident is looking down at the mountain... a birds eye view "ho ho" so i need the same of the bird, which is easier than a side view, plus there's no camera movement so i dont have to think about changing the perspective of the bird.

Here's phase one (below) of bird animation...rough
video

this one below is the bird cleaned up...but he looks too clean, I have to remember he's flying over a mountain fast, and birds feathers would always flap at that height and speed, so I made extra frames on the wings and feet to make him look like he's actually in flight....and also living.
video

then i realized his tail and feet seem to disappear...oops 
video

Fixed
video

No comments:

Post a Comment